The following is a short and drafted schedule for the POOL project, it doesn’t contain any dates and should only give an idea, what I’m going to do next in the project and what I’ve already done.
- Create a draft of the syntax (I’ve to admit that I’m currently working on the class syntax and on the variable container syntax)
- Publish the draft
- Figure out the core libraries (like System, etc.)
- Parser grammar, which produces the AST
- Tree filters to optimize and annotate the AST (convert for example 2+3 to 5)
- Tree based interpreter
- Objects, scope, functions, etc.
- Tree based interpretation
- Optimization of the interpreter
- More built in libraries
- Language manual with lot’s of example code and a website as I think the project will (after creating a tree based interpreter) more than half a year old.
- Byte code based interpreter aka Virtual Machine
- Byte code compiler
- Byte code interpreter aka VM